The AntCloud app provides AntTail customers an extra option to read out AntTail temperature sensors with their mobile devices if no AntTail gateway is available. Within the AntCloud app, relevant temperature and sensor data is shown. The app login is equals to the AntCloud account of the user.
When using the AntCloud App, various personal data will be collected. Personal data means any information that can be used to identify you as a natural person.
Collecting and processing of personal data by AntCloud app
The protection of your personal data is very important to us. With the following remarks, we would like to inform you about which data are gathered and processed when you use the AntCloud App and for what purpose they are utilized.
To visit the AntCloud web service or the supporting mobile app AntCloud we need certain personally identifiable information (“Personal Data”) from you to set up a user account. When you provide Personal Data (name, e-mail, company) in order to register with AntTail, such Personal Data will be used in order to provide you with access to the requested products, services, content and/or information. We may also use the Personal Data to help us understand who is using our products and services and to help us manage business development activities.
We may also collect your Personal Data:
- When you contact us with your questions, comments, ideas, complaints, or communicate with AntTail. We may collect various information, depending on the manner in which you contact us (e.g. if you send us an email, we will collect your email address) and the reason for contacting us. In any case, we will collect your contact details to be able to respond and further communicate with you.
- When you submit a support ticket with AntTail: we will collect your first and last names and your contact details so we can respond to your report. You will also need to describe the problem that you have experienced with one of our services so we can take care of it. We strongly recommend you to not send us screenshots and/or attachments that contain production data of your applications, or any confidential or personal data, when you submit a support ticket with us.
On request, AntTail can remove your user information. Please send an e-mail to email@example.com. When the user information is removed, no access to the AntCloud and AntCloud app is possible anymore. New registration is required before the app becomes active again.
We may use your Personal Data coupled to your user account in the following ways:
- to respond to your inquiries and fulfill your requests.
- to send administrative information to you, for example, information regarding the services and changes to our terms, conditions and policies;
- for our business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, fraud monitoring and prevention, developing new products, enhancing, improving and modifying our services, identifying usage trends, determining the effectiveness of our services and operating and expanding our business activities; and
- as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law, including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations and those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety and property, and that of our affiliates, you and others; and (g) to allow us to pursue available remedies and limit the damages that we may sustain.
Beside the user account information, AntTail stores an unique ID of your app, type of mobile device, operating system version in use as well as the date and time of your registration. In this way, we seek to protect you against the instance that a third party might abuse your data and register themselves with these data on our App without your knowledge. The data are not passed to third parties.
The gateway inside the AntCloud app reads out the temperature measurements from the AntTail sensors automatically and stores these measurements into the AntCloud. This read out continues when the app is minimised. Although location permission (Allow only while in Use) is required on Android phones in order to use Bluetooth Low Energy, the AntCloud app does NOT use NOR store location (i.e. gps) data.
Data Protection at a Glance
AntTail is committed to maintaining trust and confidence of the users of our apps and service portals.
What rights do you have regarding your personal data?
You have the right, at any time and free of charge, to obtain information about source, recipient and purpose of your stored personal data. Moreover, you have the right to demand the rectification, locking or erasure of this personal data. Regarding this, as well as any further questions regarding data protection, you may contact us using the specified address. Furthermore, you have the right to appeal at the supervisory authority in charge. Furthermore, you have the right (under certain circumstances) to demand the restriction of the processing of your personal data.
Your Personal Data is treated as strictly confidential and we have taken appropriate technical and organizational security measures against loss and unlawful processing of such information. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure please notify us immediately about the problem by contacting us.
General and Mandatory Information
The following Data Protection Policies apply to the AntCloud app of AntTail, available through Google’s Play Store and Apple’s AppStore.
AntTail takes the protection of your personal data very seriously. We treat your personal data confidentially and appropriately according to the legal data protection regulations as well as this Data Protection Policy.
Responsible for the processing and storing of personal data in the AntCloud App is:
- AntTail.com BV
- Palletweg 78
- 2031 DC Haarlem
- The Netherlands
- Email: GDPR@anttail.com
Right to object to processing of data
Storage of your personal data is only possible with your explicit consent. You have the right to object at any time, an informal e-mail to us suffices. The data processing’s legality up to the time of objection stays untouched. In your request, please make clear what Personal Data you would like to have changed or whether you would like to have your Personal Data that you have provided to us suppressed from our database. For your protection, we may only implement requests with respect to the Personal Data associated with the particular email address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request. We will try to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
Please note that we may need to retain generated reports for record keeping and compliance purposes (e.g CFR21 part 11).
Right to object to collecting data in particular situations as well as direct marketing (Art. 21 GDPR)
Should the processing of personal data be based on point (e) or (f) of Article 6(1) GDPR, you have the right to object, on grounds relating to your particular situation, at any time to processing of personal data, including profiling based on those provisions. The respective legal basis for a processing of data is explained in this Data Protection Policy. If you object, we will no longer process your personal data, except we can prove reasons of compelling worth of protection, outweighing your interests, rights and freedom or the processing is necessary for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims (Right to object, according to art. 21 para. 1 GDPR).
Right to appeal at the supervisory authority
In cases of violation against the GDPR, persons affected have the right to appeal at a supervisory authority, especially in the member state of their habitual residence, their workplace or of the place of the suspected violation. The right to appeal exists unviolated of other administrative or judicial legal appeals.
Right to data portability
You have the right to receive the personal data concerning yourself, which you have provided, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to have those data transmitted directly to another controller, where technically feasible.
SSL / TLS-Encryption
For security purposes and to protect the transmission of confidential content the AntCloud App makes use of SSL- or TLS-Encryption respectively. When SSL- or TLS-Encryption is activated, data that is transmitted from you to us cannot be read by third parties.
Access, Locking, Erasure and Rectification
Within the scope of applicable legal regulations, you have the right, at any time and free of charge, to obtain information about the collected personal data, as well as source, recipient and purpose of those data. Moreover, you have the right to demand the rectification, locking or erasure of this data. Regarding this, as well as any further questions regarding data protection, you may contact us using the specified address. Furthermore, you have the right to appeal at the supervisory authority in charge.
Right to restriction of processing
You have the right to obtain restriction of processing. You may contact us using the specified address. The right to obtain restriction of processing is available where one of the following applies:
- you contest the accuracy of the personal data collected and stored by us, for a period enabling us to verify the accuracy of the personal data;
- the processing is unlawful and you oppose the erasure of the personal data and request the restriction of their use instead;
- we no longer need the personal data for the purposes of the processing, but they are required by you for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims;
- you have objected to processing pursuant to Article 21(1) GDPR pending the verification whether the legitimate grounds of us override those of yours.
Where processing has been restricted, such personal data shall, with the exception of storage, only be processed with your consent or for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims or for the protection of the rights of another natural or legal person or for reasons of important public interest of the European Union or of a Member State.